Pad Thai (Plant-Based)
Enjoy a scrumptious and wholesome plant-based meal with our easy Vegan Pad Thai recipe! This mouthwatering dish is perfect for those who want to savor the rich flavors of traditional Pad Thai while keeping it plant-based. Many Pad Thai options may seem plant based on the surface, but can contain spices and seasonings that often contain animal products such as fish.Made with healthy, plant-based ingredients, this recipe is both delicious and nutritious. The combination of rice noodles, fresh vegetables, and savory sauce makes for a delightful and satisfying meal.
- 8 oz. Rice Noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Extra-Firm Tofu (diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 2 Carrots (julienned)
- 2 Sprigs Green Onions
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ Cup Tamari
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Tamarind Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- ¼ Cup Roasted Peanuts (chopped)
- Soak rice noodles in hot water for 8-10 minutes or until tender, then drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, tamarind paste, and Sriracha to create the sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu to the wok and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In the same wok over medium-high heat, add garlic and ginger, stirring for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add vegetables to the wok, cooking for 4-5 minutes until they are tender-crisp.2 Carrots, 1 Cup Bean Sprouts, 1 Red Bell Pepper, 2 Sprigs Green Onions
- Stir in cooked rice noodles, tofu, and sauce, tossing to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts.
Calories: 432.4kcalCarbohydrates: 65.9gProtein: 12.4gFat: 13.7gSaturated Fat: 2.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6.7gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.1gSodium: 1117mgPotassium: 494.4mgFiber: 4.3gSugar: 10.7gVitamin A: 6166.9IUVitamin C: 48.4mgCalcium: 77.8mgIron: 2.4mg