Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches
Get ready to experience a fantastic plant-based alternative to the traditional pulled pork sandwich! Our Vegan Jackfruit BBQ Pulled "Pork" Sandwiches are so delicious, everyone will want one regardless of if they are plant-based or not!This recipe uses tender, juicy jackfruit that absorbs the flavors of the BBQ sauce, spices, and seasonings, creating a mouthwatering dish that's sure to impress. Enjoy this satisfying sandwich with your favorite vegan coleslaw, pickles, and a side of crispy fries for a full, hearty meal. Get ready to discover your new favorite vegan comfort food!
- 40 oz. Jackfruit (2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce (ensure it is vegan)
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Broth
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 4 Vegan Burger Buns
- Shred the drained and rinsed jackfruit using forks or a potato masher, removing any tough cores or seeds. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the skillet. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in the shredded jackfruit, making sure it's well-coated with the spices and onion mixture.
- Pour the vegan BBQ sauce and vegetable broth over the jackfruit.
- Stir thoroughly to combine
- Let the mixture simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes, until the jackfruit is tender and has absorbed the flavors.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the vegan hamburger buns, if desired.
- Divide the jackfruit mixture evenly among the buns, topping with vegan coleslaw, if using.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes, and enjoy your Vegan Jackfruit BBQ Pulled "Pork" Sandwiches!
Calories: 620.2kcalCarbohydrates: 134.6gProtein: 8gFat: 10.2gSaturated Fat: 2.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.9gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.2gSodium: 1366.5mgPotassium: 1530.9mgFiber: 8gSugar: 81.9gVitamin A: 1339.3IUVitamin C: 42.3mgCalcium: 124.7mgIron: 1.9mg