Ever have one of those moments when two of your favorite things come together and unexpectedly make your new favorite thing? Yep – avocado pickles. Tangy, a little spicy, super easy, and ready in just a few hours.
- ¾ Cup White Vinegar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Ripe Avocado (sliced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- ½ tsp. Dill
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- 5 Sprigs Asparagus (optional)
- Add vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Add a few ice cubes if you’re impatient like us.
- While the pickling mixture is cooling, chop up garlic in large chunks.
- Add spices and herbs into a mason jar.4 Cloves Garlic, 2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 1 tsp. Oregano, ½ tsp. Dill, ½ tsp. Thyme
- Add sliced avocado into the jar. We like to add asparagus in as well!
- Pour the pickling mix into the jar and seal.
- Gently rotate the jar upside down and back up to mix around the garlic chunks and other spices.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. The longer you let the mixture sit, the more flavor it will absorb. Setting overnight is preferred.
- Enjoy it as a side to a lunch like our roasted asparagus and tomato sandwich, or as a midnight snack.
Calories: 147.4kcalCarbohydrates: 12.2gProtein: 2.3gFat: 10.5gSaturated Fat: 1.6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 6.7gSodium: 385.8mgPotassium: 465.3mgFiber: 6.8gSugar: 2.5gVitamin A: 1207.6IUVitamin C: 9.5mgCalcium: 75mgIron: 3mg