Ever have one of those moments when two of your favorite things come together and unexpectedly make your new favorite thing? Yep – avocado pickles. Tangy, a little spicy, super easy, and ready in just a few hours.
Serves Approximately 3-4 people
- 3/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Ripe Avocado, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Dill
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 5 Sprigs Asparagus (optional)
- Add vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Add a few ice cubes if you’re impatient like us.
- While the pickling mixture is cooling, chop up garlic in large chunks.
- Put the garlic into a mason jar or other container with red pepper flakes, oregano, dill, and thyme.
- Add sliced avocado into the jar. We like to add asparagus in as well!
- Pour the pickling mix into the jar and seal.
- Gently rotate the jar upside down and back up to mix around the garlic chunks and other spices.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. The longer you let the mixture sit, the more flavor it will absorb. Setting overnight is preferred.
- Enjoy it as a side to a lunch like our roasted asparagus and tomato sandwich, or as a midnight snack.