Fried Wild Rice with Quinoa and Kale
Add a little crunch to your rice dish and make this side the highlight of the meal. Blend the earthy taste of wild rice, spicy sesame oil, and the crunch of water chestnuts and enjoy this nutritious, delicious rice!
- 2 Cups Long Grain Wild Rice
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ Head Broccoli
- ½ Head Cauliflower
- 5 oz. Water Chestnuts (1 can)
- ¼ Cup Red Quinoa
- 5 Leaves Kale
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
Cook the Rice
- Rinse uncooked rice thoroughly in cold water 3-4 times.
- Add 1 tsp. salt to 5 1/2 cups water bring to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add wild rice and cover. Cook for approximately 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
Cook the Quinoa
- Rinse uncooked quinoa under cold water thoroughly.
- In a separate small pot, add quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess water and fluff with a fork.
Cook the Vegetables
- Cut up broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, kale, water chestnuts, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil together in a large saucepan and cook over low/medium heat.
Put it all together
- Once cooked down, add in quinoa and rice into the saucepan.
- Mix it all up!
Calories: 210.4kcalCarbohydrates: 37.4gProtein: 9.8gFat: 4.2gSaturated Fat: 0.7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.8gMonounsaturated Fat: 1.1gCholesterol: 0.2mgSodium: 1237.6mgPotassium: 754.6mgFiber: 8.2gSugar: 5.9gVitamin A: 6076.6IUVitamin C: 135.8mgCalcium: 197.7mgIron: 3mg