Tender and juicy mushrooms that are easy to make and can add a little heartiness to any meal!
Serves approximately 4 people
- 5 Large Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry Cooking Wine
- 4 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice (or 1/2 lemon, squeezed)
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Black Pepper to taste
- Slice portobello caps into large slices, approximately 3/4 of an inch wide.
- Toss mushroom slices in bowl with soy sauce, cooking wine, and lemon juice so that they are covered.
- Add mushrooms and all liquid to a large saucepan on medium heat, covered.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes, until mushrooms are softened and have let out most of their moisture.
- Uncover and add oregano, basil, garlic, and pepper.
- Stir and reduce to low heat for an additional 3 minutes