Dessert with three simple ingredients and very little prep work – sounds pretty good right? This ice cream with fresh fruit is the perfect refreshing midday snack on a hot summer day. It’s a pretty great midnight snack too. With sweet melon and coconut milk yogurt, this ice cream will hit the spot!
Serves approximately 5 people
- 1 Ripe Cantaloupe, cubed and frozen
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk Yogurt (you could also use soy or almond, but the coconut-melon taste is amazing!)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Cut your cantaloupe into cubes or small pieces.
- Place cut cantaloupe into the freezer for at least 3 hours (it’s best to do this the night before). If you’re looking to freeze the melon faster, try spreading out the chunks flat on a plate or tray if you have room in your freezer.
- Add frozen melon, yogurt, and vanilla extract into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can adjust the consistency by adding ice or additional yogurt to thicken, or cold water to thin.