Want an easy vegan dinner that doesn’t seem like it was “easy”? Give this delicious vegan stir fry a try! Fried tofu and all your favorite veggies. Simple and tasty.
Feeds approximately 3-5 people
- 1 package (14 oz.) Extra Firm Tofu
- 5 Medium-size White Mushrooms
- A handful of Sugar Snap Pea Pods
- 1 Large Carrot
- 4 dandelion green leaves
- Black Pepper
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- About 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Cube tofu in chunks no larger than about a half inch.
- Pat tofu cubes with a towel to remove excess water.
- Dust tofu in a light coating of flour.
- In a large saucepan or wok, add olive oil and put on medium-high heat. Use more or less oil to your liking. More oil will result in a more deep-fried style tofu.
- Once oil is heated, add in tofu in a single layer, so all pieces of tofu are touching the pan on one side.
- Spice tofu with thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
- While the tofu is frying, time to cut up your veggies! Feel free to add in some of your other favorites!
- Fry tofu for approximately 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Then flip and sear the other side.
- After your tofu has been fried on both sides, add in your snap peas, carrots, and mushrooms and mix it all up!
(Note:if you don’t use extra firm tofu, you may run into your tofu falling apart when it is mixed in. If that happens, just enjoy it as a tofu-veg scramble instead!)
- Lower heat and cook uncovered until your vegetables are soft, but not mushy.
- Top it off with chopped dandelion greens and enjoy!