Classic minestrone soup – loaded with hearty veggies and full of flavor. This fully vegan soup makes an excellent addition to a sandwich or could be eaten as a meal all on its own!
This recipe is a very customizable one too. Feel free to add or swap out your favorite veggies and adjust quantities to get this delicious soup just the way you want it.
🥣 Servings: About 6 bowls
🔪 Prep Time: 20 Minutes
🍲 Cook Time: 50 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 2 cups egg-free mostaccioli or elbow pasta
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, cut in chunks
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green beans, cut into inch-long pieces
- ½ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- Nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta to just under al dente (be careful not to overcook, as it will cook slightly more once added to the soup).
- Rinse and strain the pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in the following ingredients and cook for about 8 minutes, until the vegetables have softened:
- Yellow onion
- Add in the following and cook for another 3 minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Green beans
- Tomato paste
- Black pepper
- Pour in these remaining ingredients and raise heat to medium-high.
- Diced tomatoes (include liquid)
- Cannellini beans
- Vegetable Broth
- Sea salt
- Red wine vinegar
- Bay leaf
- Bring the soup to a light boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta into the soup pot and stir in.
- Top with nutritional yeast as desired