Peanut Lime Udon Noodles
Sweet, tangy, and a little bit spicy – This Thai dish with a Veggums twist packs a ton of flavor and they blend so well. Mix up these Thai peanut lime noodles with your favorite steamed veggies.
Noodles & Vegetables
- 12 oz. Japanese Thick Udon Noodles (1 package)
- 1 Crown Broccoli
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Carrot (large)
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Bunch Cilantro (fresh)
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter (creamy or chunky)
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 Lime (juiced, with pulp)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ginger (finely shredded)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 Tbsp. Crushed Peanuts
- Bring water in a medium pot to a boil.
- Add in noodles and cook until al dente as directed. Be careful not to overcook the noodles or you may end up with a mushy texture when the sauce is added.
- While the noodles are cooking, we’ll make the peanut sauce. In a large bowl, add peanut butter, soy sauce, and coconut oil – stir.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients until you are left with a smooth sauce.
- You may thin the sauce with warm water to your liking if it turns out too thick.
- Cut up broccoli and steam for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add sliced green pepper in with broccoli and steam for an additional 3 minutes.
- Strain the water from your noodles and rinse lightly with cool water.
- Slice onions and carrots and sauté until the onions start to become translucent (using a peeler can provide nice thin carrot slices).
- Add in peanut sauce and veggies to the noodles over medium heat.
- Stir together and heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Top with crushed peanuts, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!
Calories: 540.3kcalCarbohydrates: 63gProtein: 19.7gFat: 26.3gSaturated Fat: 8.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 9.1gSodium: 1620.6mgPotassium: 374.1mgFiber: 7gSugar: 15.4gVitamin A: 2248.5IUVitamin C: 28.5mgCalcium: 41.2mgIron: 1.1mg