Sweet, tangy, and a little bit spicy – This Thai dish with a Veggums twist packs a ton of flavor and they blend so well. Mix up these Thai peanut lime noodles with your favorite steamed veggies.
Serves Approximately 5 people
- 12 oz. Package of Japanese Thick Udon Noodles
- 1 Crown Broccoli
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Medium White Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 Juiced Lime (with pulp)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Crushed Peanuts
- Bring water in a medium pot to a boil.
- Add in noodles and cook until al dente as directed. Be careful not to overcook the noodles or you may end up with a mushy texture when the sauce is added.
- While the noodles are cooking, we’ll make the peanut sauce. In a large bowl, add peanut butter, soy sauce, and coconut oil – stir.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients until you are left with a smooth sauce.
- You may thin the sauce with warm water to your liking if it turns out too thick.
- Cut up broccoli and steam for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add sliced green pepper in with broccoli and steam for an additional 3 minutes.
- Strain the water from your noodles and rinse lightly with cool water.
- Slice onions and carrots and sautée until the onions start to become translucent (using a peeler can provide nice thin carrot slices).
- Add in peanut sauce and veggies to the noodles over medium heat.
- Stir together and heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Top with crushed peanuts, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!