Hearty Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers
Indulge in the delectable flavors of our vegan stuffed bell peppers, a hearty and nutritious dish that's as visually appealing as it is delicious. Bursting with a colorful medley of plant-based ingredients, this recipe takes bell peppers to a whole new level. The tender peppers are filled with a mixture of wholesome grains, protein-rich legumes, and aromatic spices, creating a symphony of taste and texture in every bite. The dish is not only a feast for the senses but also a wholesome addition to your table, whether it's for lunch or dinner. With simple preparation and a burst of flavors, these vegan stuffed bell peppers are destined to become a family favorite.
- 4 Bell Peppers (any color)
- 1 Cup Quinoa (cooked)
- 15 oz Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Cup Corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 White Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the filling. Mix well to combine the ingredients.1 Cup Quinoa, 15 oz Black Beans, 1 Cup Corn, 1 Cup Tomato Sauce, 1 White Onion, 2 Cloves Garlic, 1 tsp. Ground Cumin, 1 tsp. Paprika, ½ tsp. Chili Powder, ½ tsp. Black Pepper, ¼ tsp. Salt
- Fill each bell pepper with the quinoa and bean mixture, pressing it down gently to pack it.
- Place the stuffed bell peppers in a baking dish, standing upright.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Once cooked, remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to lightly brown the tops.
- Carefully remove the stuffed bell peppers from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro before serving.
Notes & Tips
Feel free to customize the filling with your preferred ingredients, such as diced tomatoes, zucchini, or vegan cheese.
Calories: 404.2kcalCarbohydrates: 76gProtein: 19.6gFat: 4.9gSaturated Fat: 0.7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1.1gSodium: 433.1mgPotassium: 1255.9mgFiber: 18gSugar: 10.3gVitamin A: 4989IUVitamin C: 161.6mgCalcium: 95.7mgIron: 6.8mg