Do you ever have those fried food cravings, but want something more nutritious than french fries? Satisfy that craving with these vegetable fritters! Simple ingredients leave them packed with the health benefits of kale and onion, and they taste fantastic.
Servings: Approximately 2 People
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Bunches Kale (approx. 15-20 leaves)
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Oil (for frying, such as canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- In a food processor, pulse kale and onion until it is very finely chopped.
- Add in flour, onion powder, seasoned salt, and turmeric as you are stirring to make a thick paste.
- Form small patties using a heaping tablespoon for size.
- In a medium/small saucepan, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is heated, gently place each of the kale-onion patties into the pan.
- Fry on each side for approximately 3 minutes, until they start to brown.
- Allow to cool and serve with your favorite sauce, salsa, or hummus!