We all love hummus right? If there was one thing we don’t like about it, we can probably all agree on that too – the price.
Once you start making your own hummus, you’ll never turn back. It is so easy, tastes fresh, and is much cheaper than store bought hummus. Here is a basic hummus recipe, so you can feel free to change it up any way you like.
Serves approximately 10 people
- 2 (15oz) Cans of Chickpeas (also known as Garbanzo Beans)
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- Up to 1/4 Cup Water (until desired consistency is reached)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- In a food processor or blender, add in all ingredients except water. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a large bowl and mash the chickpeas.
- Turn the food processor on high, pulsing as needed to mix in all of the chickpeas.
- Gradually add in water until a smooth consistency is reached. If the hummus is still thicker than you’d like, add in 1 or 2 more Tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Garnish with additional olive oil, paprika, seeds, and basil or parsley.
- Enjoy with just about anything… pita bread, chips, veggies, or on a wrap!