The vinegar lover’s perfect snack for a hot summer day. Fresh cucumber slices straight from the garden, chopped onions, marinated in apple cider vinegar. Oh yeah.
This is a great plant-based cucumber dish to bring to cookouts or barbeques that everyone will love, vegan or not!
Serves Approximately 4-6 People
- 4 Pickling Cucumbers
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 1/2 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Slice cucumbers into thin slices, no larger than about ¼ inch thick.
- Chop onions into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add in cucumbers and onions so that they are covered by the liquid.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Also try adding other types of vegetables to the vinegar mixture like radishes, celery, or carrots!