Chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients, and are one of the few great vegan sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. Some of the hydrated chia drinks you can buy at stores are incredibly expensive, and it’s so easy to make it yourself!
Your chia seeds will keep for some time in the refrigerator, so feel free to increase the recipe and have your chia drink mix ready to go at all times.
Serves approximately 10 people (at 1/4 cup per glass)
- 6 Tbsp. Dry Chia Seeds (Buy some now on Amazon!)
- 2 Cups Water
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot or tea kettle.
- Pour over chia seeds in a glass bowl.
- Pat down dry seeds so that all are covered in water and scrape any that have stuck to the sides of your bowl.
- Cover and place in the fridge over night.
When you wake up, you’ll be ready to go! Mix these hydrated chia seeds with your favorite juice or smoothie to increase nutritional value.