Veggie Sushi Roll
When you think “sushi”, you probably think fish, shellfish, and a whole lot of stuff that isn’t vegan. But don’t let that stop you! There are so many delicious combinations of vegetables that you can use in sushi.The key to successful sushi making is all in the preparation. If you stay organized, wash and cut all of your veggies ahead of time, and set up a nice work station, you’ll have a blast and create an amazing meal.
- 1/3 Cup Sushi Rice
- 1 Sheet Nori Paper
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Package Enoki Mushrooms
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Stalk Green Onion
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
Make Sushi Rice
- Make Sushi Rice (Check out our easy sushi rice recipe)1/3 Cup Sushi Rice
Set Up Sushi Roll
- Lay out nori seaweed paper on a bamboo rolling mat. If you don’t have a rolling mat, you can use wax paper as a substitute, but it may be more challenging.
- Place a large scoop of rice in the center of the nori paper.
- Work the rice around to cover the nori, being careful not to smash the rice or tear the paper.
Fill the Roll
- Place your veggies in a horizontal row across the rice. Be careful not to overfill your sushi roll , as you will have to be able to stick to the rice to keep the roll from falling apart.1 Carrot, 1/2 Package Enoki Mushrooms, 1/2 Avocado, 1 Cucumber
- Carefully lift the side of your sushi roll closest to you and roll over the vegetables. Wrap it tightly so that there is not space inside allowing the veggies to fall out when it is cut.
- Fold over so that the underside of the nori paper touches the rice furthest away from you. It will stick and make it into a “roll”.
- Cover with your bamboo rolling mat and lightly squeeze the roll to solidify its shape.
Cut the Roll
- Cut into slices about 3/4 inch wide.
- Garnish and serve with your favorite sauce.1 Stalk Green Onion, 1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
Calories: 527.1kcalCarbohydrates: 69.3gProtein: 18.2gFat: 23.5gSaturated Fat: 3.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12.8gSodium: 129.3mgPotassium: 1692mgFiber: 15gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 17296.5IUVitamin C: 76.5mgCalcium: 326.6mgIron: 6.4mg