This recipe does require a bread machine. We use a 1.5lb loaf bread maker and absolutely love it! It’s simple and so fun to make your own breads. Not only is it nice and fresh, but it saves you money and allows you to be super creative!
Makes 1 Full Loaf (1.5lb.)
Sweet Bread Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Active Yeast (yep, yeast is vegan! Learn more here)
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Cup Bread Flour
- 1/8 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb. Fresh Strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Raw Sugar
- 3-4 Fresh Strawberries, mashed
Note that different bread makers may require slightly different steps. Reference your bread machine’s instructions and adjust this process accordingly.
Baking the Bread
- Combine water, sugar, and yeast in the bread maker pan. Allow this to dissolve and foam as it activates for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in all purpose flour, bread flour, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
- Adjust the settings on your bread machine appropriately and allow it to knead the dough. Nearing the end of the kneading cycle, add in your chopped strawberries.
- Then let your bread machine do its thing! It will allow the bread to rise and then bake it into a delicious warm loaf.
For the Glaze:
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix them thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- Allowing the glaze to set while your bread finishes baking will thicken it a bit.
Finish it off!
- After your bread is done, allow it to cool some.
- Then pour your glaze overtop of the freshly baked bread and top with fresh strawberries!
Enjoy it with a nice cup of coffee or tea.