The magic of cauliflower – you can create so many different delicious plant-based foods, including vegan boneless hot wings! Perfect for a lunchtime snack or a party dish to pass.
Serves Approximately 4 people
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 3/4 Cup of Your Favorite Hot Sauce (We like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 Tbsp. Plant-based Non-dairy Butter, melted
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces. It helps to try and get as much of a stem as possible on each piece. If you cut them too small, you may end up with more crumbles and fewer “wings”.
- Make the Batter – combine water, soy milk, flour, corn starch, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and seasoned salt in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- Dip cauliflower pieces into the batter and allow to drip off excess before placing onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, take them out to rotate the pieces, and then bake for another 12 minutes. They should be a nice golden brown and start to crisp on top.
- Mix together melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Add baked cauliflower to the hot sauce mixture and toss to cover all pieces.
- Serve with vegan ranch or your favorite dipping sauce.