Vegan Chickpea “Tuna” Salad Recipe
This Vegan Chickpea "Tuna" Salad recipe is a fantastic plant-based alternative for a classic lunchtime favorite. Made with chickpeas, crunchy veggies, and a creamy vegan mayo dressing, it's perfect for sandwiches, wraps, or served on a bed of greens. Not only is it packed with protein and fiber, but it's also a satisfying and flavorful meal that everyone will enjoy. Easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes, this recipe is perfect for meal prep and on-the-go lunches. Whip up a batch today and experience the deliciousness of this vegan-friendly twist on a traditional tuna salad.
- 15 oz. Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ Cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Red Onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ Cup Celery (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Pickles (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Dill (chopped)
- ½ tsp. Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- In a food processor or using a potato masher, pulse or mash the chickpeas until they are broken down but still have some texture.
- Transfer the mashed chickpeas to a mixing bowl.
- Add vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, red onion, celery, pickles, fresh dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined and the salad is creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Enjoy your Chickpea "Tuna" Salad in a sandwich, wrap, or on a bed of greens!
Notes & Tips
Don't throw out the juice from your chickpeas! This is called aquafaba and has many amazing uses.
Calories: 276.3kcalCarbohydrates: 32.5gProtein: 10gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.8gSodium: 434.4mgPotassium: 393.5mgFiber: 8.8gSugar: 5.9gVitamin A: 362.2IUVitamin C: 7.1mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 3.5mg