Get the rich taste of french toast in the morning with delicious bananas and chia seeds! Completely vegan french toast that is full of flavor will have the whole family asking for seconds.
Serves approximately 4 people
- 8 Slices Thick Sliced Oat Whole Grain Bread (or your favorite)
- 2 Cups Soy Milk
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp. Agave
- 2 Tbsp . Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Vegan Butter
- Grind chia seeds with a mortar and pestle to your liking. If you make them more powder-like they will stand out less and be less crunchy.
This will also improve the consistency of your batter as the chia powder hydrates.
- Mash a ripe banana until there are no chunks.
- Mix soy milk, chia powder, banana, agave, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Keep in mind you will need to dip your bread into this mix and cover completely, so a large bowl is helpful.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle to medium heat and melt a small amount of vegan butter to avoid sticking.
- Dip bread slices into your mix, covering completely on both sides.
- Fry the toast on both sides until golden brown. Be careful that your griddle is not too hot. This can cause the bananas to burn while other areas are not completely cooked.
- Top with sliced bananas, some extra chia seeds, and agave or maple syrup!