Vegan french toast – simple and quick, without any bells and whistles. This delicious plant-based breakfast is so easy to make, without sacrificing any of the flavor.
Serves approximately 2 people
- 5 Slices Thick Sliced Whole Grain Bread (or your favorite)
- 1 1/2 Cups Soy Milk
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Agave
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Mix soy milk, agave, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Using a large or flat bowl is typically easier because you will need to dip your bread into this mix and cover completely.
- Gradually add in flour while quickly whisking the mix. This is to slightly thicken the batter.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle. You can lightly grease the pan with oil or vegan butter to avoid sticking.
- Dip bread slices into your mix, covering completely on both sides.
- Fry the toast on both sides until golden brown.
- Top with your favorite berries, agave or maple syrup, and enjoy!