Simple Vegan French Toast
Vegan french toast – simple and quick, without any bells and whistles. This delicious plant-based breakfast is so easy to make, without sacrificing any of the flavor.
- 5 Slices Thick Sliced Whole Grain Bread (or your favorite)
- 1 ½ Cups Soy Milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Agave
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Mix soy milk, agave, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Using a large or flat bowl is typically easier because you will need to dip your bread into this mix and cover completely.
- Gradually add in flour while quickly whisking the mix. This is to slightly thicken the batter.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle. You can lightly grease the pan with oil or vegan butter to avoid sticking.
- Dip bread slices into your mix, covering completely on both sides.
- Fry the toast on both sides until golden brown.
- Top with your favorite berries, agave or maple syrup, and enjoy!
Calories: 362.9kcalCarbohydrates: 60.3gProtein: 15.2gFat: 6.2gSaturated Fat: 0.9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1.2gSodium: 405mgPotassium: 461.9mgFiber: 7.9gSugar: 18.1gVitamin A: 712.5IUVitamin C: 15.4mgCalcium: 413.4mgIron: 3.6mg