Vegan Blueberry and Strawberry Muffins
Muffins may be one of the most underrated sweets. You can have them for dessert or breakfast, they’re super simple to make, and they’re light, fluffy, and delicious! Start bringing these tasty plant-based muffins to parties or family gatherings and you’ll never be able to show up empty-handed again. That’s right… be the muffin man (or woman).
- 2 Cups Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1.5 Cups Fresh Berries, diced if necessary (use your favorites!)
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup Oat Milk
- 1⁄3 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place reusable muffin liners or paper liners in a muffin tray for 12 muffins.
- In a large bowl, mix the following ingredients:2 Cups Wheat Flour, 1 tsp. Baking Soda, 1 tsp. Baking Powder, 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar, ½ tsp. Salt, 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- Constantly stirring, gradually add in the following ingredients. If the batter is too thick, you can thin it with a bit more oat milk, but be careful not to make it too thin.1 Cup Oat Milk, 1⁄3 Cup Coconut Oil, 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Once you have a smooth consistent batter, add in berries.
- Pour batter into each cup of the muffin tray as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the tops of each muffin.
- Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, testing them with a toothpick to ensure they are done. (When the toothpick comes out clean, you’re good to go!)
- Take your muffins out of the oven and allow them to cool before removing them from the tray.
Notes & Tips
These muffins are great with blueberries and strawberries, but try them with other berries or fruits as well like blackberries, raspberries, or mulberries. Feel free to mix and match! Let us know about your favorite fruits and berries to add to delicious plant based muffins!
Calories: 2135.3kcalCarbohydrates: 41.4gProtein: 3.1gFat: 234.9gSaturated Fat: 194.9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gSodium: 246.8mgPotassium: 103.3mgFiber: 2.8gSugar: 23.7gVitamin A: 53IUVitamin C: 2.3mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 1.1mg