You don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving. Try this delicious vegan pumpkin pie any time of the year! Simple ingredients and easy to make, this pumpkin pie is a great quick dessert.
Serves approximately 6-8 people
- 1 Uncooked Pie Crust (if store-bought, be sure it is vegan)
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk (most of a can)
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and blend until smooth. You can also do this with a blender or food processor.
- Place crust into a pie pan if not already in one.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling mixture into the crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Cook for 60 minutes, until it is just starting to brown on the top. Don’t panic if the pie filling is a bit jiggly. This will firm as it cools.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Move pie to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but overnight (about 6 hours) is preferred. This will allow the pie to set become firm so it will hold its shape when cut.
- Serve it straight, or top with some vegan whipped cream and nutmeg!