Vegan Pumpkin Pie
You don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving. Try this delicious vegan pumpkin pie any time of the year! Simple ingredients and easy to make, this pumpkin pie is a great quick dessert.
Serves approximately 6-8 people
- 1 Uncooked Pie Crust (if store-bought, be sure it is vegan)
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk (most of a can)
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and blend until smooth. You can also do this with a blender or food processor.
- Place crust into a pie pan if not already in one.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling mixture into the crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Cook for 60 minutes, until it is just starting to brown on the top. Don’t panic if the pie filling is a bit jiggly. This will firm as it cools.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Move pie to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but overnight (about 6 hours) is preferred. This will allow the pie to set become firm so it will hold its shape when cut.
- Serve it straight, or top with some vegan whipped cream and nutmeg!