Homemade Macadamia Nut Milk
Macadamia Nut is less common than other nut milks like almond milk or cashew milk, but has a wonderful unique flavor for you to add to your recipe toolbelt.Feel free to adjust the ratios of macadamia nuts to water if you would like a more creamy milk. 1:4 is a pretty standard ratio, but we encourage you to try things out and figure out what you like best.Some people skip straining if you’re planning to use the nut milk for baking and want to include the pulp.You can also freeze this into macadamia nut milk ice cubes to make a larger batch and use over time!
- 1 Cup Macadamia Nuts (unsalted)
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 tsp. Maple Syrup Feel free to substitute the sweetener to your liking. Raw cane sugar and Medjool dates are great options as well.
- Soak the macadamia nuts in water overnight (for at least 8 hours)
- Rinse the soaked macadamia nuts.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process thoroughly until the mixture is smooth and frothy. This will typically take about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place a nut milk bag or cheesecloth over a large bowl.
- Pour the unstrained blended macadamia nut mixture over the cloth.
- Allow for as much of the liquid to strain through as possible.
- Pick up the bag or cloth from the edges so that the purée does not spill and squeeze the bag to get as much liquid into the bowl as you can.
Store & Enjoy
- Refrigerate the macadamia nut milk in an airtight jar or bottle. This should keep well for around 4 days.
- Consider reducing waste and saving the pulp as well for use in smoothies, granola, or other experimental recipes!
Notes & Tips
Alternative ProductThere are also a few really great products out there specifically made to create rich and creamy DIY nut milks without the hassle of straining and pouring. If you are planning to make this part of your regular routine and don’t enjoy the creation process as some do, you could consider investing in a product that can make things more efficient.
Calories: 247.2kcalCarbohydrates: 6.3gProtein: 2.6gFat: 25.4gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 19.7gSodium: 23.4mgPotassium: 128.8mgFiber: 2.9gSugar: 3gVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 38.3mgIron: 1.2mg